We all know that one of the best ways to build a happy and hard-working employee base is to show them how much they’re appreciated. In this article, we’re taking a look at a company that obviously knows what creativity looks like when it comes to caring for their employees!
Viking, a global company established in 1960 and now a part of Office Depot, is one of the largest suppliers of office stationery and office products in the world. They employ over 1300 people in the UK, and are proud of the value they provide as well as stellar customer service.
When Viking set out to show their employees just how much they’re appreciated, they chose an amazing creative way to do it – by turning a meeting room into a game room! And not just ANY game room – but one with a ‘Game Of Thrones’-theme!
The room, which contains a darts board and ping pong table, features all sorts of referenced to the show, including a three-eyed raven, golden dragon eggs, and even… Ned’s head! Holy crow! Talk about creativity in action!
They really went all in! Check out these stats – to create the room, they:
- Designed 20 acetate ‘stained glass’ windows, made up of 60 separate panels, depicting key moments from the fantasy, phenomenon;
- Used 2,500 (!!!!) push pins to create the three golden dragon eggs;
- Made 72 cardboard swords, which they use not only to construct an incredible cardboard ‘Iron Throne,’ but to populate an entire armory;
- Used 42 meters of opulent crushed velvet for the walls; and
- Fashioned a dedicated screening area, ready and waiting for the new season of GoT to begin!
Check out this great time-lapse video of the making of the room:
And THEN, take a look at this walkthrough of the room. How many Easter Eggs can YOU spot?
Want to see even more? Check out their blog post HERE!
Isn’t that incredible?! In the Comments section below, tell us YOUR favorite part of the Games Room Of Thrones! Has YOUR company done anything like this to creatively thank their employees? If so, let us know that as well!